Solomon Football > News > Telekom S-League 2013 > Koloale 3 – Hana 2

Koloale 3 – Hana 2

Hana got on the score sheet twice in stoppage time but Koloale held on tightly in the final minute to ensure they gained maximum points. This was after a goalless but action packed first half panned out at Lawson Tama stadium.
Hana tried to get on the scoreboard early but Koloale managed to break their stride and control the game to a much preferred tempo with Mostyn Beui doing a lot of the dirty work in the midfield. Using speed was something Hana could do to break through but the Koloale defence held on until their engine room warmed up.
However, what followed was not what Omokirio had in mind as attempt after attempt from the Koloale forwards failed to find the back of the net. Ian Paia missed a shot in front of an open goal and later headed straight at the goalkeeper from point blank range.
Koloale returned with a better plan in the second half and were ahead seven minutes after the restart – Joe Luwi cleverly sneaked past the Hana offside trap and chipped his shot over the advancing goalkeeper. Ian Sida’s appeals for offside went unheeded by both the referee and assistant referee.
The ‘men in green’ were then dealt a vicious blow with the expulsion of Fanai Koti following his second bookable offence. This, however, did little to break the Koloale spirit as they drove on to score twice more.
Paul Wale landed a penalty when he fouled by the Hana goalkeeper inside his penalty box and the former O-League finalist with KOSSA in 2008 scored with ease. Fifteen minutes from fulltime Paia made amends for his earlier blunders with his contribution.
However, the match was far from over then as Hana kept Koloale under pressure with a never say die attitude. Their break came in dubious fashion in stoppage time when a Koloale player accidently grabbed the ball thinking play had been stopped.
Defender and Captain Ian Sida stood up for the kick and slotted the ball past Michael Meke – Shadrack Ramoni’s stand in for the day.
Hana got their second goal through Boni Pride who capitalised in the tiring Koloale backline to score in superb fashion with a powerfully struck shot that jet past the defenders and into the back of the net.
Despite trying to regroup quickly to launch another offensive time ran out for Hana and Koloale strode home to another win.
Koloale: 3 (Joe Luwi 52’, Paul Wale 73’, Ian Paia 87’)
Hana: 2 (Ian Sida 90’ + 2’, Boni Pride 90’ + 3’)
Halftime: 0-0
See below play by play text summary:
0’ Matchstarts
5’ Hana started strong but Koloale have slowed the game to their tempo
10’ Joe Luwi misses from 18 yards out
16’ Ian Paia header just misses goal after a lovely cross from Joe Luwi
20’ Paia header goes straight at the goalkeeper
37’Jeffery Mae’arasia saves a Mostyn Beui shot
44’ Hana’s Lawrence Misitana is stretched off after twisting his ankle
45’ Three minutes of stoppage time is signalled
First half ends
Second half starts
49’ Robert Laua gets to a Paul Wale cross but his attempt is wide
52’ Goal Koloale 1 – Hana 0: Luwi finishes a Koloale attack with a chip over Mae’arasia to score the first goal of the match
64’ Paul Waisi gets on the end of a cross from Robinson Billy but Michael Meke taps away for Koloale
68’ Red Card: Israel Koti is red carded for his second bookable offence
73’ A penalty is awarded to Koloale after a foul by goalkeeper, Mae’arasia on Wale inside the box
74’ Goal Koloale 2 – Hana 0: Wale scores the penalty to extend Koloale’s lead
84’ Commence Mose heads just wide for Hana
87’ Goal Koloale 3 – Hana 0: Paia beats the Hana offside trap and scores Koloale’s third goal
90’ Three minutes of additional time will be played
90’ + 1’ A penalty is awarded to Hana
90’ + 2’ Goal Koloale 3 – Hana 1: Ian Sida scores the penalty
90’ + 3’ Goal Koloale 3 – Hana 2: Boni Pride scores Hana’s second goal
The match ends

Related posts