Solomon Football > News > Telekom S-League > Solomon Warriors 2 – Hana 2

Solomon Warriors 2 – Hana 2

Hana registered a surprise performance in the second last match of round 2 of the Telekom S-League drawing their game 2 all with Solomon Warriors to share the spoils with their much more fancied opponent.
The Solomon Warriors line up was missing some of its key players including striker James Naka who is away for 2 weeks on national duty with the national beach soccer team at the Oceania Football Confederation Beach Soccer Championship in Tahiti.
Hana were in fine form in the opening minutes attacking the Solomon Warriors goalmouth with quick runs from its forwards but the opposing goalkeeper prevented them from finding the back of the net.
Solomon Warriors came back into the game after 5 minutes of play and almost scored when Casper Aengari fires a shot at goal but Jimmy Qwaina was able to make an equally good save and a few minutes later Aengari goes for the spectacular with a bicycle kick but the ball goes the wrong way.
Hana played with more confidence and finesse compared to their first match of the season against Koloale and their supporters were gathering belief that their team might just upset the Solomon Warriors.
With 7 minutes left to play in the first half Hana got the goal they had been searching for from a close range shot by national u-20 player Tony Otini who somehow found space to squeeze home the ball amidst a web of Solomon Warriors defenders.
The second half started more in the favour of Solomon Warriors who were able to stem the Hana supply line to their strikers and in the process control more the game than they did in the first half.
In the 59th minute Kidston Billy put home a penalty which came from the pressure he had been able to exert since coming on after the break for George Abba.
Midway through the second half Solomon Warriors were put on their toes by Hana who were held the belief that they could win and continued to look for an opening against their opponents who were starting to lose their domination of the midfield area.
A well executed counter attack gave back the lead to Hana in the 71st minute and once again Otini was their man picking up a cross from Godwin Bebeu on the right before scoring from inside the Solomon Warriors penalty box.
Staring a humiliating defeat right in the face Solomon Warriors regrouped to search for an equaliser but the goal did not come until the final minute when Dennis Ifunaoa who had missed a number of chances earlier in the game broke through the Hana backline and beat Qwaina.
Hana were a much more organised side in this match and are indicating that they are a threat to any team in the competition despite not having the profile of some of the top clubs in the Telekom S-League.
Solomon Warriors, on the other hand, will not be happy about their performance since they’ve only managed 2 points from their first 2 matches but they have a lot of time to add to their tally with their 12 remaining matches.

Related posts