Solomon Football > News > Telekom S-League > KOSSA 2 – Koloale 7

KOSSA 2 – Koloale 7

A sizable crowd turned up expecting a cracker of a match but the one-sided display of football excellence was not close to the imaginations of fans as Kolole ran away with the match right from the opening minutes.
Koloale started off well using to great effect the speed of its forward duo of Ian Paia and Benjamin Totori along with great tactical movement from their defenders and midfielders and it took them only 4 minutes to register on the board.
Lency Saeni was set up with a short cross from Benjamin Totori on the right and he made sure he was at the right place at the right time to poke the ball home to put Koloale in front.
Continuing with their proactive attacking Koloale extended their lead to 2 – 0 when Ian Paia picked up a long cross from Joses Nawo before turning the ball past Severino Aefi in the 9th minute and just 4 minutes later Koloale were 3 to nothing in front courtesy of another effort from the young striker.
KOSSA managed to break the Koloale wave of attack after Paia’s second goal but on the other end of the field they were met with a brick wall of defenders who were determined to let nothing go past them.
Led by Samson Takayama and George Suri Koloale orchestrated a well coordinated defensive pattern that ensured that they were tight in defending but quick in getting the ball out for a counter attack.
After a spate in which neither side registered anything serious Koloale regained their rhythm and added another 2 to make for themselves an unassailable 5 – 0 lead going into the halftime break and Totori was the man who provided.
Totori’s first came from a penalty kick after he was brought down just inside the KOSSA 18-yard box by Franco Ne’e and the second was from an excellent build up also involving Paia and Nawo.
KOSSA were a much improved side in the second half and they were able to stem the Koloale attack mainly by applying greater pressure in the midfield section which their opponents controlled almost with impunity in the first half.
However, a lapse of concentration in the 60th minute allowed Totori to complete his hat trick with an individual break into the KOSSA area before sending the ball into the back of the net.
Midfielder Mostyn Beui added the seventh 13 minutes later with a cheeky goal feinting a through pass before chipping the ball over Aefi who had advanced from his goal line in the attempt to deal with the situation.
Late in the match KOSSA were able to claim back some pride with 2 goals to bring the score line to a more respectable 7 goals to 2.
Clifford Wate scored from a cut back pass which found him free in the Koloale 6-yard box and James Egeta added the second in extra time from a rebound which fell favourably for him.
It was a top display of skills and pace from Koloale which also serves as an indicator of their preparations for their O-League matchup against Hekari United next weekend.

Related posts