Solomon Football > News > Telekom S-League 2011/12 > Hana 3 – Marist Fire 0

Hana 3 – Marist Fire 0

Former Malaita Kingz winger, Trevor Suinao, netted the first goal of the match and for the season 84 minutes into play after a quick counter attack saw him free on the left. A quick through pass was all that was needed and Suinao finished with a powerful shot past Navusu Kitu. The lead soon moved to 2 nil when Dickson Ramo broke past his marker and another defender before beating Kitu with a curling shot to his left. However, that was not all for the substitute as he capitalised on a defensive error outside the Marist Fire penalty area to grab his second for the match and his team’s third with a precision strike.
Hana coach, Rex Masuaku, was happy with his team’s win and said that starting with a win is important is a positive for Hana.
“Most important is the fact that we won today. We know that Marist Fire are a good side and they really made us work hard for our win but that is what we expect in the Telekom S-League,” Masuaku says.
The promise for excitement was in abundance as both teams locked horns from kickoff trying to be the first to score. Hana looked superior with their command over proceedings in the first 10 minutes. Chances went to Remarx Kwaria and Moussa Kourouma but Marist Fire kept things in check with a little help from the woodwork. Hana’s control of the match slipped away as their efforts to score early were thwarted and frustration crept in. Marist Fire took up more meaningful possession but their midfield found it difficult to make effective passes to their forwards and, thus, could not get a good scoring opportunity. The stalemate remained unbroken until the halftime break.
The second half saw better football from Marist Fire and Hana were given few opportunities. Unfortunately for Marist Fire, however, there was no real threat that they could pose against Hana as their regular front men were missing from their line up. It was not until the remaining quarter of the match that Hana started playing with more purpose as new reinforcements arrived from the bench.
The result gives Hana three points and also a claim to the top spot in the league table. However, the value of the win in terms of morale will be huge for the club. In the last season they could only draws against Marist Fire but this time round they have pulled away ahead of their opponent.
Hana will play KOSSA in their next match in the Telekom S-League scheduled for 2:00pm on Saturday 5th November. Marist Fire have themselves a date with Real Kakamora at 4:00pm on Sunday 6th November.

Related posts