Solomon Football > News > Telekom S-Leauge Championship Series > Real Kakamora 1 – Koloale 7

Real Kakamora 1 – Koloale 7

However, the start did not go as planned for the league champions as Real Kakamora frustrated them in the opening 15 minutes.
Five (5) minutes into the game Real Kakamora took first advantage after a defensive error saw 2 of their players free in the 18-yard box and Lyson Wate took the chance sending the ball past Shadrack Ramoni with ease. Expectations were on Koloale to equalise but the minnows almost struck again 3 minutes later but Paul Hiri sent his shot wide.
However, it was only a matter of time before Koloale found their footing and first evidence for that came when Joses Nawo went just inches wide off the mark in the 11th minute. Four minutes later Henry Fa’arodo Jnr. completed a quick counter attack to draw the league champions level with their opponents after a quick cross from the right.
As Koloale became more composed the number of shots they started throwing at their opponents went up. Fa’arodo Jnr. just barely missed heading towards the 20 minute mark and Benjamin Totori forced Ngidu to a spectacular save after but it was Ian Paia who put them in front in the 23rd minute. Just a minute later Koloale went 3 – 1 in front when Paia found the back of the net again, this time with a header.
Koloale extended their lead to 5 – 1 with 2 goals just before halftime coming from Totori and Nawo giving them an unassailable lead going into the break.
Real Kakamora’s intentions for the second half were made clear quite early when Ian Ngahugari went close with a shot that deflected off the woodwork and later Rex Honu hit a shot over the cross bar from right in front of goal. Already missing several chances in the first the Real Kakamora faithful were not happy with their players as they called for several players to be substituted.
However, defensivcely Real Kakamora were more organised and Koloale found themselves closed off in front against a rearranged Real Kakamora backline and could barely find space to shoot.
Totori, however, worked his way through in the 67th minute and scored to take Koloale’s lead to 6 – 1 and Nawo put the game out of reach for Real Kakamora in the 83rd minute with a long range shot that was too quick for Ngidu to deal with.
The 2 clubs will meet again on Sunday 29th May but with Koloale’s lead it may be too big of an ask for the Real Kakamora players to fight their way back in the contest. As for Koloale they will surely already be thinking about who they will meet in the semi finals.