Solomon Football > News > Telekom S-League 2011/12 > KOSSA 0 – Real Kakamora 1

KOSSA 0 – Real Kakamora 1

The difference was Johan Doiwale’s taken in the 68th minute strike which sank KOSSA’s hopes for a win in the first round of the league.
Confidence is now something that Real Kakamora have in abundance especially since KOSSA was the second former O-League club to lose to them within a week. On Wednesday, Real Kakamora stunned the football community in Solomon Islands when they edged Koloale 3-2 to record the biggest upset of the Telekom S-League.
KOSSA started the match well but injuries to their key players saw their game fall apart as Real Kakamora started picking up their pace. Phillip Ashley top performed for KOSSA but like in their previous matches he did not receive the required support in front and this affected their search for goals. Defence wise KOSSA were intact and with Severino Aefi between the sticks and on paper they had an edge in this department compared to their opponents.
The two sides fought out a goalless first half that was characterised by missed opportunities from both sides. KOSSA had chances fall to David Ramosaea, Paul Wale and Ashley but Real Kakamora proved that they were a tough nut to crack. Real Kakamora were also making a lot of mistakes when the ball crossed over their midfielders and certain players were not really putting their best foot in the game.
The second half saw a more organised Real Kakamora side take the pitch and they quickly started pressuring the KOSSA defenders. With Stanton Hila starting to feel the strain on his already injured right leg things started getting shaky at the back. A couple of times the Doiwale was able to break through and cross into the box but no one was there to finish.
At the other end of park the Real Kakamora goalkeeper, George Lifu, was quickly gaining a hero’s status with his saves. First he denied Ramosaea from point black range and then a clever free kick from Wale threatend his goal but he rose up high to tap the ball away.
The goal that won the match for Real Kakamora was the result of a perfectly timed run from Doiwale who was cautious about the KOSSA offside trap. Doiwale just stuck with his marker until the final moment before he broke free took the through pass and fired it past Aefi who probably came out just a fraction too late.
Just a few minutes later another opportunity went to Doiwale but this time the striker misses his target although it was off only by a matter of millimetres. Ian Ngahugari and Charlie Rifasia were chasing into the KOSSA penalty box but neither could catch up with ball as it rolled past Aefi and all the way out for a goal kick.
KOSSA were handed a lifeline when the referee signalled 2 minutes of additional time but both were used up without them actually getting much possession of the ball as Real Kakamora were in control at that stage and they finished with yet another big win.
Real Kakamora coach, Barnabas Loloito, was a happy man after the win and he said that the character of his players in the match probably was the difference.
“We just needed to concentrate on our game plan and at times you could see the players departing from it but overall we got the result that we want so am not going to take away anything from them. They deserve this win for working extra hard to get the goal that we scored,” Loloito said.

Related posts