Solomon Football > News > International Friendly > KOSSA win first Namson Tran cup

KOSSA win first Namson Tran cup

The match was planned as a means of extending the friendship between the 2 clubs but also had the goal of preparing Amicale for its O-League final playoff with Auckland City which will be kicking off on April 2.
The match itself was an entertaining spectacle filled with action from start to finish with Amicale starting off excellently with shots coming from Alick Maemae and Fennedy Masauvakalo before Stanley Waita put them in front in the 9th minute after hitting home a rebound from KOSSA goalkeeper Severino Aefi.
Eight (8) minutes later KOSSA levelled terms through Clifford Wate’s header after some fancy footwork from Micah Lea’alafa gave him space to cross the ball to the advancing striker.
Amicale had 2 chances to regain the lead before the halftime break firstly through Masauvakalo who combined with Batram Suri for a shot on goal but the ball went wide and Bisili went close a few minutes later after Maemae set him up with a cross but Willie Lamani got their just in time to poke the ball away from danger.
With just a minute left in the first half KOSSA went in front through Lea’alafa who stole the ball from an Amicale defender before dribbling past another and then sending the ball past Ernest Bong and taking the score line to 2 – 1.
The second half was as fiery as the first with Lea’alafa going for goal right after the restart but his shot, while having the power, curved away to the left and went out for a goal kick.
Amicale also upped their antics through Masauvakalo and Waita who repeatedly pressed for more goals but Aefi was having a fine day and managed to keep both players frustrated.
KOSSA went further in front in the 55th minute when substitute Frazer Maebule rose to meet a Seni Ngava corner and his header beat all Amicale defenders to end up in the back of the net making it 3 – 1 in favour of the home side.
By the hour mark Amicale were under pressure to salvage the game and their forwards managed to break through the KOSSA backline but the goals failed to come for them.
Moffat Deramoa had his best moment for Amicale in the 75th minute when he picked up a long pass and then beat 2 KOSSA defenders but his last touch went too far and Aefi came racing out to gather up the ball to safety.
Amicale’s final play of the day came at the last minute when Mostyn Sanga was brought down by substitute goalkeeper Samson Koti and a penalty was awarded by referee John Sa’aohu and Kidston Billy made no mistake with the spot kick to bring the fulltime score to 3 – 2.
After the game a small ceremony was held in which the clubs exchanged gifts and the Namson Tran Cup was awarded to KOSSA for winning the match.

Related posts